[RSS] I had twins with a Facebook stranger – I was sick of waiting for Mr Right and it was the best decision ever

RSS
Bots
Bots
First Name: RSS FeedBot
Canada

[RSS] I had twins with a Facebook stranger – I was sick of waiting for Mr Right and it was the best decision ever

Post by RSS »

A MUM is raising premature twins alone – after conceiving with sperm from a stranger she met on Facebook.

Sarah Mangat, 34, from Toronto, had been single for nearly eight years when she decided to embark on solo motherhood in July 2020.

SWNSSarah Mangat gave birth to twins using the sperm from a stranger she met on Facebook[/caption]
SWNSSarah’s daughters Elora and Addison[/caption]
The former HR business partner had planned to use a sperm bank but found the process ”too impersonal” so instead found a Facebook group for sperm donors.

She said: “Of course, I was a bit wary of meeting someone from online.

“I had a few weird messages.

“But made sure we I met-up in a public place and we got on really well.

“I knew he was the one to be my donor.

“We actually became quite good friends because we stuck with me through all my fertility issues.”

Sarah underwent 14-months of fertility tests at Victory Reproductive Health Fertility Clinic, Ontario, where they medically monitored her cycle.

When the time was right, she used the stranger’s sperm and was shocked to discover she had not only fallen pregnant on the first go but was expecting twins.

Despite her joy, she had a difficult pregnancy and was told her short cervix could cause premature birth or miscarriage.

Doctors performed a cervical stitch to stop it opening too soon, but the procedure failed after two weeks, and Sarah went into premature labour in April 2022.

Her daughters, one-year-old Elora and Addison, arrived at 27-weeks on 30 April 2022 at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto.

The pair suffered a catalogue of health issues including a bleed on the brain, heart defects, jaundice, and infections.

Despite the odds stacked against them, Elora spent 70 days in hospital and Addison was in for 79 days, until they were all able to go home.

Sarah has admitted she has no regrets about going through with the procedure.

She said: “I had tried every dating app under the sun and wasn’t meeting someone.

“It’s the best decision I ever made.

“I nearly had a heart attack when they told me there was two.

“But I can’t imagine my life without my daughters.”

SWNSSarah was told her short cervix could cause premature birth or a miscarriage[/caption]
SWNSElora and Addison were born prematurely at 27 weeks[/caption]
SWNSThe mum-of-two said ‘I can’t imagine my life without my daughters’[/caption]

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldnews ... -stranger/

Return to “United Kingdom”